Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finally some progress

Whew!

I worked really hard today and actually got some stuff done! Yay! I got all the junk out of my classroom, so now the only things in there are things that I want in there. And I got started on decor! (that's the fun part!)

Last night I went to bed worrying about my seating arrangements: would the kids be able to enter and exit the rows easily? would I be able to get to every desk?

That was the first thing I checked today, and yes! As long as the student isn't sitting very far from their desk, we will be able to move around with ease! Woohoo! I am so pleased and relieved to not have to figure something else out.

So, here is what I have done so far:

** Note: I linked several things that I mentioned so you could check them out! **

I put "Bordette" on the cork top part of my white boards




I bought fabric from Hobby Lobby to cover the table and then used removable colored tape to hold it down. I am getting my Smartboard mounted in the place of that screen soon!



Pretty table

First bulletin board - fabric (again from Hobby Lobby) and "Bordette"




Cute "chouettes" that I bought

Word Wall - Le Mur de Mots: this works great for any class! I can put relevant vocabulary, or random fun words, anything I want! 



These are the things I used to make my Objectives board. I'm lucky that I have a Smarboard because that just makes my white boards extra space! magnetic tape is AWESOME, removable tape, colors paper strips and scissors to cut all of this stuff.  - You can buy all of this at Teacher Heaven! It really is heaven in there (and you can shop online)

Tada! - One section for each grade I teach ! (and yes, thats 3 separate preps... )

Section title, Objectices, Agenda (l'ordre du jour), Homework ( les devoirs)

My favorite part! Got some great vintage poster prints off Amazon.com! This one is my favorite. It is bordered by this great "frame" border I bought at Teacher Heaven

Cool border!

Final product of my 3 fabulous posters! You like?

Don't you LOVE the spots on my wall? They were supposed to paint, but they didn't - of course! 



Ah.... So that, on top of chatting with the new teacher next door, moving materials to another hallway, and eating lunch is what I got done today. More to come tomorrow! Man am I exhausted though! I will give you one tip though - if you look at a picture that has desks in it, you can see that I have stuff spread out everywhere. Having things in piles and boxes is overwhelming. I took all of my decor and spread it out among the desks so that I could see what all I had and get to everything easier. I did the same with my "storage supplies which I will be dealing with tomorrow on top of more decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment